[Zope] "Private" objects?

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Wed Feb 4 10:50:46 EST 2004

From: "Kirk Strauser" <kirk at daycos.com>
> > Then you should develop a proper Zope product to handle all that and let
> > it deal with the security.
>
> That seems like massive overkill to a problem that other people have to
have
> solved already.

Creating a product is rarely overkill except for the simplest of
applications, and definitely not overkill if you have 20-30 objects that you
need proxy access too. In fact, it is usually much simpler to make a product
than to do something even remoly complicated through the ZMI.

>  I mean, is it really standard procedure to allow full
> access to database objects?

No, standard procedure is to make a product. :-)
Really, it's not that hard.