[Zope] "Private" objects?

Kirk Strauser kirk at daycos.com
Wed Feb 4 10:56:03 EST 2004

On Wednesday 2004-02-04 09:50 am, Lennart Regebro wrote:

> Creating a product is rarely overkill except for the simplest of
> applications, and definitely not overkill if you have 20-30 objects that
> you need proxy access too. In fact, it is usually much simpler to make a
> product than to do something even remoly complicated through the ZMI.

OK, then, maybe you could punt me in the right direction.  As an example, I
have several database connections that are accessed from many non-related
objects.  That is, a particular database may have information on user
accounts, zip codes, and inventory - not things that are logically related
to each other.  How would you factor these so that those objects all have
access to the same database, and that database isn't globally accessible to
anyone who guesses its name?  How could I use products to allow this?
--
Kirk Strauser
The Day Companies