[Zope] Re: Zope & Mailman

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Feb 5 05:50:18 EST 2004

John Poltorak wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 10:00:57PM +0100, Dieter Maurer wrote:
>> John Poltorak wrote at 2004-2-1 12:03 +0000:
>> >
>> >Is it possible to create a Zope based frontend for Mailman? Or has
>> >someone has already done this...
>>
>> There is a product "MailBoxer" (or similar) around.
>> Maybe, it can help you...
>
> It seems a little pointless re-inventing the wheel when there is a
> perfectly good, well established mailing list manager like Mailman around
> to go to the bother of installing something completely new and untried
> just for the sake of a few web pages. I would much rather prefer to have
> Mailman working under Zope than having a new mailer.

Maybe you're right, maybe you're not... If you're happy with MailMan, use
it. It's very cool stuff.

But try to build dynamic-mailinglists with dynamic recipients-list comming
out of a Postgres-DB, a Oracle-DB, a webservice and all your members from a
Plone-Site... Good luck with Mailman, MailBoxer can use all Zope-Features
for this, so it's pretty easy to do.

Cheers, Maik