[Zope] bug in xmlrpc

Jerry lists411 at myd1.com
Thu Feb 5 21:24:02 EST 2004

Hi Zopeople,

I upgraded to python 2.3 and now my program that calls routines via
XMLRPC is broken.  I am using the unmodofied xmlrpcBasicAuth module I
downloaded some time last year and code that worked fine on 2.2 now generates:

>>> x=myserver.myfunction('xxx')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "C:\app\Python23\lib\xmlrpclib.py", line 1029, in __call__
    return self.__send(self.__name, args)
  File "C:\app\Python23\lib\xmlrpclib.py", line 1316, in __request
    verbose=self.__verbose
TypeError: request() got an unexpected keyword argument 'verbose'

I don't see how I could be doing anything wrong, but if there was
something wrong with xmlrpclib.py I would think I would be able to
find something about it on zope.org or in the mailing lists.

I REALLY need to use XML-RPC with authorization for my program to
work.  Anyone have any fixes or suggestions?

--
Jerry      (Mailed safely with The Bat! 2.02.3 CE)