[Zope] Losing acquisition wrapping between method calls

Etienne Labuschagne elabuschagne at gmsonline.co.za
Fri Feb 6 04:09:46 EST 2004

Thanks for the reply Dieter,

The example below is very brief and gives the impression of direct
attribute assignment.

What I was actually trying to acomplish is to implement properties in Zope
by using __getattr__ and __setattr__.  This way of implementing properties
is currently the only option in Zope afaik (unless I can get ZODB 3.3 to
work for me) as new style classes are not yet supported in ZODB 3.2.

Properties will give me the syntaxical ease of direct attribute access, but
with the "correctness" of accessors (getters and setters).

It seems that although I can have properties, I will have limited (Zopeish)
scope on what I can do in the setter.

Hopefully I can make ZODB 3.3 work with Zope2.7 and have the best of both
worlds (new-style classes's properties in Zope - yeeehaaa).

Regards
Etienne