[Zope] Installing CMF

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Mon Feb 9 05:18:09 EST 2004

From: "John Poltorak" <jp at warpix.org>
> Which version of CMF should I install?

The latest.

> And should I expect it to install correctly using the defaults?

Correctly, yes. Usefully, no. In my opinion, CMF is not useful out of the
box, and it takes a lot of work to make it so. I would suggest that you
install CPS (preferrably the CPS3 betas, they are getting really good now)
or Plone, to get something to start with.

It is after all a Content Management FRAMEWORK. ;-)

> Zope has installed itself in /opt/zope. Does CMF install itself under Zope
> and will it be able to find the correct loation for itself?

No, CMF doesn't install itself anywhere. You have to do that. But it's just
a matter of unpacking the tgz and moving the directories in it files to your
Products directory.