SV: [Zope] installing CMF 2.4.1

Børge Kjeldstad borge.kjeldstad at whiteflower.no
Mon Feb 9 10:06:01 EST 2004

Hi, and thanks for sharing the information!
I wonder if the same problem also applies to
windows XP as well. In XP, windows unpacks compressed
files and folders if you double-click them....

Cheers : )
Børge

> I have downloaded windows version of CMF 2.4.1 and used WinZip to
> unpack it. On the install info page
>
> http://cmf.zope.org/download/CMF-1.4.2/INSTALL.txt
>
> I read the following:
>
> "Note for Windows users: if you are using WinZip to unpack the file,
> be sure to disable the "TAR file smart CR/LF expansion" option (thanks

> to Frank McGeough for tracking down this problem!)"
>
> Now I wonder what this actually means?

It's a configuration in WinZip you should change before
you unpack the archive.
(Otherwise WinZip will translate all Unix linebreaks in the file to
Windows linebreaks. Which is not recommended by the creator.)

IMO, it's a configuration of WinZip that makes sense to disable.

Regards,
Johan Carlsson