[Zope] Plone installation

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Mon Feb 9 20:26:22 EST 2004

John Poltorak wrote:

>When installing Plone I see a DCWorkflow in the tarball, but I already
>have one. Does the new on replae the old one or should it be installed
>over the old one?

Check the versions. If they're the same, don't bother. If the Plone one
is newer (and it might be) then replace the existing one with that.
It'll probably be easier to fix whatever you might have that an upgrade
breaks than what Plone might have that a downgrade breaks.

>Also when trying to add my first Plone site, I get:-
>
>Zope Error
>
>Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
>
>Error Type: AttributeError
>Error Value: get
>

>Does this sound like a common problem? What have I missed?
>
>Any idea where I should look to see what is wrong?

Sounds like a Zope 2.6.3 symptom. If you have that (or 2.7b4, I think)
try going up or down a notch.

          --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."