[Zope] exUserFolder mysql authentication, password question

Thomas Anderson tn-anderson at comcast.net
Tue Feb 10 15:15:34 EST 2004

Edit mysqlAuthSource/mysqlAuthSource.py

Change:

 def cryptPassword(self, username, password):
                        salt =username[:2]
                        secret = crypt(password, salt)
                        return secret

to read:

# Alternate cryptPassword function, returns plain text of the password.

def cryptPassword(self, username, password):
                        return password

Thats all you need to do. You will have to delete and re-add and users
that were added with crypted passwords.. -)

Tom