[Zope] problem with Zope 'start'

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Feb 13 14:39:13 EST 2004

Jim Anderson wrote at 2004-2-13 09:55 -0500:
>When I try to run 'start', I get the following traceback:
>
>jja at jjapc3% Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/local/zope/Zope-2.6.4rc2-linux2-x86/z2.py", line 250, in ?
>    from types import StringType, IntType
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/types.py", line 49
>    yield 1
>          ^
>SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Looks as if a Python 2.1.x tries to execute Python 2.2 code.

Usually, Python protects itself against such incidents.
You might have a buggy PYTHONPATH in your environment.

>I've done some programming in Python, but I don't recognize
>'yield'

It was introduced in Python 2.2.

>and could not find it in the online Python documents,

You will in the "Python Language Reference" -- for Python 2.2 or higher.

>Do I need to run a later version of Python? Any suggestions?

You must determine why a Python 2.1.x happens to use "types.py"
from a Python 2.2 installation.

When you are ready to regenerate Zope (this is easy),
you can regenerate it to use Python 2.2 and forget
Python 2.1.

--
Dieter