[Zope] Zope 2.7.0 zopectl problems (bug?) and questions

Jo Meder jo at meder.de
Mon Feb 16 10:54:26 EST 2004

Am 16.02.2004, 16:31 Uhr
	schrieb Chris McDonough <chrism at plope.com>:

> Unfortunately, the guy who wrote it quit Zope Corp and the folks left
> there will likely not have it on their radar to fix it until it bites
> them personally.  So I suspect it's up to the folks that are having
> problems with it to diagnose the issue and supply a patch for 2.7.1.

Too bad. So, here we go (I'd very much appreciate some handholding
here ;-)

Can everybody have a look at the following snippet?

This is from zdctl.py function do_start, the code directly preceeding
the spawnvp() the results in the traceback:

            if self.options.daemon:
                flag = os.P_WAIT
            else:
                flag = os.P_NOWAIT
            os.spawnvp(flag, args[0], args)

IMHO the settings for flag are exactly the wrong way around. If
self.options.daemon contains what the name suggests, we should us
os.P_NOWAIT if we are in daemon-mode and os.P_WAIT if where not.

So the patch would be to exchange these to lines to read

            if self.options.daemon:
                flag = os.P_NOWAIT
            else:
                flag = os.P_WAIT
            os.spawnvp(flag, args[0], args)

With me so far? I'm going to give this some test on the complaining
Linux-Box but any additional feedback and tests are welcome.

If this works and my logic isn't flawed I'll submit a bugreport and
patch to the collector.

Regards

	Jo.

--