[Zope] Zope 2.7.0 zopectl problems (bug?) and questions

Jo Meder jo at meder.de
Tue Feb 17 14:23:24 EST 2004

Am 17.02.2004, 15:21 Uhr
	schrub Chris McDonough <chrism at plope.com>:

> I've never tried zopectl under Linux kernel 2.6... only under 2.4,
> actually.  Wonder if that's the difference... maybe someone else with
> 2.6 kernel can try?

After temporarily installing a freshly compiled 2.4.24 kernel I can
now confirm that kernel 2.4.24 is does indeed behave differently.

The original (IMHO wrong) attribution of P_WAIT and P_NOWAIT do daemon
and non-daemon mode respectively does not affect the 2.4.24 kernel. No
traceback is generated.

At the same time switching to P_NOWAIT for daemon mode and P_WAIT for
non daemon mode works for 2.4.24 and for 2.6.0 kernels as well. This
is a strong indication for me that this is the "right thing to do".

	Jo.

--
internetmanufaktur jo----------------------------- Berlin, Germany
http://www.meder.de/ ------------------- fax: ++49-30-417 17 63 45