[Zope] Double backslashes in IE

Horak, Karl KEHORAK at sandia.gov
Wed Feb 18 03:59:25 EST 2004

Following up on my problem with getting errors in the expression
_.getitem(file.filename) when using IE, I've learned that IE "sees" the
filename as something like 'C:\\CSF\\BUS581\\581F203H1BJS.doc'.  The double
backslashes are making it an invalid filename.

I've put on my Python thinking cap, figuring I can write a script that takes
care of that.  But string.replace(x, r"\\", r"\") doesn't work.  The raw
single slash escapes the final double quote and gives an error.

Any suggestions?