[Zope] Best Event system for Zope?

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Fri Feb 20 08:45:39 EST 2004

On Thursday 19 February 2004 11:28 pm, Etienne Labuschagne wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback Dieter and Terry,
>
> Using a cron job is probably the fastest, easiest and most pragmatic way
> for us programmers.  My job as a programmer, however, is to make life even
> easier for my clients.  My clients mostly use Windows and gets a glazed
> look in their eyes when I start talking about running this script and
> running that script.

Actually, in my experimental tests, I launched the heartbeat script I
showed you via os.system() from a trigger in __setstate__ in my product's
instance. So it doesn't require the user to do anything extra.

I haven't tested this in a production environment, but it worked
in my prototype (I was using this to have a "store" app interface
to the credit processor by sending an email, then catching the
reply -- so it had to check the mailbox periodically.  In my tests,
I was using my email aliasing to just forward the email back to
the server's listening address).

Cheers,
Terry