[Zope] Command line access to Zope data

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Fri Feb 20 17:46:13 EST 2004

John Poltorak wrote:

>I am assumming that all data on a Zope hosted website resides in Data.fs
>even if you are running a Plone site.
>
>If so, how do you update something like Plone news items from the command
>line?

You can use a ZEO debug session to connect a Python console to a live
Zope server. I do this all the time, and it's great.

You could presumably also go about this with FTP. You can also make your
own tools to interact with Zope via XML-RPC or in a RESTful manner (wget
can be a REST tool).

          --jcc

--
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."