[Zope] how to call sql methods from a product?

Alexander B. aleksandrmailbox at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 00:21:25 EST 2004

Hello All,
I'm trying to create a product like this:

...skipped
class testclass(SimpleItem, Folder):
    def __init__(self,id):
        """Constructor method """
        self.id=id
        self._setObject('sql', SQL('sql1',
                        ' RDBMS',
                        'testconn',
                         'parm1:string',
                         '''
                         select * from table where
                          ...  ''') )

    def getTable(self,REQUEST=None):
        "get table with results"
            self.parm1=0
            self.REQUEST.set('sql',self.sql())

        if REQUEST is not None: return

        self.showResult_html(self, REQUEST)
and then I call it from a page like:
python:here.name.getTable(request)"></span>

it works ,but in a few clicks I get this error:
 Failed to import class r from module Record.

if I need to set a variable in request inside getTable
method , do I need to use REQUEST or self.REQUEST?
what is a correct way to register sql and to pass
parameters in such class?

thanks.