[Zope] visitor counter

Murray Pearson zope at ahadesign.ca
Mon Feb 23 12:18:04 EST 2004

Conceptually, here's an approach:
Create a cookie for the purpose of tracking which people have visited
the site. It can have either a trivial value like 1 or it can be a
serial number to track which particular people are there at a given
time.

But to track unique visitors, anytime the server sees a browser without
the cookie it sets the cookie and increments an internal counter. That
count is the number of unique visitors.

Implementing this should not be hard at all.