[Zope] java applet in zope

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Mon Feb 23 22:21:56 EST 2004

On Saturday 21 February 2004 01:54 pm, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> You use Java applets in the same way with Zope as you always do it.
> [...]
> You do not see examples because there is nothing special with respect
> to Zope.

Of course, there really ought to be.  It would be a lot more "Zopish"
("Zopey"?) to have an editable Java source file accessible through
the ZMI, which then compiles and renders as the applet container
file in the document.  This would be more consistent with the
"rapid-prototyping" design philosophy in Zope/Python.

However, I don't know of any product to do that.  Someday I might
find sufficient motivation. ;-)

Cheers,
Terry