[Zope] ZODB on the file system

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Feb 24 11:16:41 EST 2004

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 09:28:57AM +0000, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 February 2004 07:30, Petter Holmstr?m wrote:
>
> > We're trying to convince our computer department to use zope, however
> > the fact that Zope stores all the files in a single datafile which isn't
> > accessable through ordinary file management functions (and therefore
> > eliminates incremental backups) make them hesitated.
>
> Check out the 'Online Backup' row in the table at
> http://cvs.zope.org/ZODB3/Doc/storages.html?rev=1

And if you *really* want human-readable data on the filesystem,
then yes, you should check out APE. Dunno if it works with Plone,
though... I haven't tried. At the least it would probably take
significant configuration work to get editable plone content
on the filesystem.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com