[Zope] handling SELECT 'onchange'

Jim Anderson ezjab at ieee.org
Thu Feb 26 12:21:31 EST 2004

I have source code that someone original wrote in javascript and
which I'm attempting to get running in Zope by replacing
the javascript code with DTML and an external python method
but my code does not work.

The HTML/DTML code looks like this:

    <SELECT name="myselect" onchange=<dtml-var
expr="select_handler(value)">  >
            <OPTION value="choice1">choice1</OPTION>
            <OPTION value="choice2">choice2</OPTION>
            <OPTION value="choice3">choice3</OPTION>
        </SELECT>

Question 1: Should this work?

Question 2: Does it make sence to change the client side javascript code
with
    server side DTML? It seems like it may be better to let the javascript
    code deal with the selection for efficiency.

Jim