[Zope] httpd.conf Zope on Apache-based ISP FINAL DRAFT

Chris Withers lists at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 06:22:00 EST 2004

Patrick Kirk wrote:

> I'm sorry if I seem to be asking basic questions - I had assimed that a
> hosting company with python expertise would also have Zope expertise and
> expected all this would be done for me.  I guess its a useful learning
> experience.

AS someone said in a pub last night, Zope is to Python what J2EE is to Java,
veryroughly speaking. So, unless the hosting company advertised being
Zope-fluent, I think expecting them to know Zope based on Python expertise could
be seen as a little harsh ;-)

> For the hosting company they then need to add this line to httpd.conf
>
> RewriteRule ^/(.*)
> http://64.5.48.153:8081/VirtualHostBase/http/enterprise-hr.com:80/VirtualHostRoot/$1

Hmmm... maybe this instead:

http://64.5.48.153:8081/VirtualHostBase/http/enterprise-hr.com:80/www/VirtualHostRoot/$1

> Are we sure of this?  My reading of the text of the VHM says I should
> have the folder name of the site's files.

Yep, trust the text or docs :-)

> RewriteRule ^/(.*)
> http://64.5.48.153:8081/VirtualHostBase/http/www.enterprise-hr.com:80/www/VirtualHostRoot/$1
>

> RewriteRule ^/(.*)