[Zope] access to external text file

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Fri Feb 27 22:20:38 EST 2004

elena at hpcf.upr.edu wrote:

>I'm new to Zope. I need access to a text file external to Zope to extract
>some input information for my Zope database.
>I installed the LocalFs.1-0-0 product. As soon as I added a LocalFS
>object, my folder became unaccesible. I could access it after I removed
>LocalFS product.
>Can you advice me how to read an external text file with or without LocalFS?
>I work with Zope 2.7.0.

With external methods you can do it programmatically.

You could try to fix LocalFS. Turn on logging and/or run Zope from the
console to see what's happening, if it is, as I suspect, a startup problem.

There is also External File, and probably others.

          --jcc

--
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."