Fwd: [Zope] Server Spontaneously Quitting

Murray Pearson zope at ahadesign.ca
Sun Feb 29 17:03:29 EST 2004

 > On 29-Feb-04, at 11:52 AM, Patrick Kirk wrote:
 >
 > Hi Murray,
 >
 > I've never used OpenBSD but when installing from Ports can you
specify that Apache be compiled with mod_proxy and mod_rewrite support?
  That's the first essential.

Not sure... but I'll just install the latest (2.0.48) from source
anyway. Actually, it just finished the "make install" step a few
seconds ago! :^) I decided to statically include mod_proxy and
mod_rewrite, as they will be used in every 'real' request anyhow.

 > If you like to compile from source, I've a Configuration.tmpl that
has the essential edits done attached but obviously it makes more sense
to edit your own copy to your own satisfaction.

Here's what I used:
-bash-2.05b$ sudo ./configure --prefix=/var/www --enable-rewrite
--enable-proxy

 > To see if Apache's already got that support simply enter the command
'httpd -l' at the command line.

Bingo!

-bash-2.05b$ /var/www/bin/httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
   core.c
   mod_access.c
   mod_auth.c
   mod_include.c
   mod_log_config.c
   mod_env.c
   mod_setenvif.c
   mod_proxy.c
   proxy_connect.c
   proxy_ftp.c
   proxy_http.c
   prefork.c
   http_core.c
   mod_mime.c
   mod_status.c
   mod_autoindex.c
   mod_asis.c
   mod_cgi.c
   mod_negotiation.c
   mod_dir.c
   mod_imap.c
   mod_actions.c
   mod_userdir.c
   mod_alias.c
   mod_rewrite.c
   mod_so.c

 > Once you are sure that both mod_rewrite and mod_proxy support are
present, its really very easy to configure httpd.conf and Zope but let
us know when you've verified getting to that stage.

Here I am! :^D

What are the essential changes required to httpd.conf? There are about
a half-dozen virtual domains at the moment.

Thanks again! You guys are awesome.