[Zope] ZServer base framework

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Sat Jan 3 18:50:40 EST 2004

Gilles Lenfant wrote:
> Just a question to ZServer experts...
> Why Zope developer chose Medusa ? I made a short run with Medusa and
> Twisted, and it seems that using Twisted is easier and more flexible. But
> perhaps I'm missing something.

Because Twisted didn't exist when Zope was written.  Even today
Twisted is a questionable asset to Zope development.  While its
probably better at being a multi-server framework than
Medusa/asyncore, its not clear that the direction Zope should move is
towards a multi-server framework.  That said, I'm willing to bet that
will go that direction regardless.

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"You came all this way, without saying squat, and now you're trying