[Zope] Error on simultaneous updates/requests

Casey Duncan casey at zope.com
Mon Jan 5 11:48:56 EST 2004

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 23:47:14 -0500
"Sean" <whysean at softhome.net> wrote:

> Dieter,
>
> Thank you for your response.
>
> >It is *very* unlikely that this error has anything to do with
> >concurrent access...
>
> >It is almost unbelievable that the problem disappears for the
> >same request...
>
> However, repeatable experimentation does seem to demonstrate this to be the
> case. If I run a script repeating the same request every few seconds, and
> saving the results, I get an error when (and only when) I post data from
> another computer. The post works successfully, but the indicated error is a
> result of the request just after the time of the post. All requests before
> and after that time return successfully.

You will probably need to use the debugger to figure out what object is being published when this error occurs. Look at the traceback and see where the error is raised (Somewhere in lib/python/BaseRequest.py). change the code to envoke pdb.set_trace() instead of raising the error. Then run zope in the foreground (how exactly depends on the zope version) and cause the error. Then you can analyze why this error occurs.

BTW: what is the name of the object trying to be acquired? My guess is that it sometimes acquires the wrong thing and tries to publish it.

-Casey