[Zope] Zope & Zeus Authentication

kittonian kittonian at macgenius.net
Mon Jan 5 15:27:24 EST 2004

We are running Zeus as the webserver and using Zope extensively.  Everything
works wonderfully except for one major thing.  In order to password protect
a directory we have to setup the users and groups in Zeus and therefore we
are unable to use things like SimpleUserFolder with some python/zsql scripts
to auth users for a specific website's members folder.

We have a PostgreSQL DB setup with a table called users.  In that table are
various columns (username, password, etc.).  We have a folder in the site
called members and we need to make sure that no one can access anything
inside the members folder without first authenticating through a page that
contains a login form (type in username and password, click the submit
button, the system auth's from data within the db and either lets the user
in or return a page that says sorry the login and password don't match,
etc.).

How do I accomplish this?  Zeus seems to allow either explicitly defining
the users/groups from within the Zeus management interface OR allows you to
use an LDAP server.  There is nothing regarding using a DB to hold the user
info.  Perhaps I am just missing the correct way to make this happen?

kittonian