[Zope] Re: [Epoz] Which version have I to use ?

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jan 6 09:00:11 EST 2004

Sinclair wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I tried to integrate epoz in my Zope2 developments, but :
>
> 1) I don't understand which version to choose (Epoz 0.7.x or epoz 1.x ?).
>
> 2) After the install of epoz 1.0.1 and FileSystemSite 1.3, I can't create
> the 'epoz editor' (it doesn't appear in the addable object list).
>
> I am in trouble. I need some help !

The difference between Epoz 0.7.x and Epoz 1.x is similar to the
difference between Zope 2 and Zope 3: Epoz 0.7.x (maintained by myself)
compares to Zope 2 (production ready, easy to use, but some conceptual
"misdesigns"), Epoz 1.x (maintained by Phillip von Weitershausen, Guido
Wesdorp, Paul Everitt) compares to Zope 3 (not full production ready,
but a very clean and nice conceptual design).

For Epoz 0.7.4 follow the Readme.txt to integrate it into your own apps.
No idea about Epoz 1.x.

Cheers, Maik