[Zope] Squid redirector script

Jens Vagelpohl jens at zope.com
Tue Jan 6 10:49:21 EST 2004

> The howtos I have read are just not clear enough for me about the
> redirector script/program needed to rewrite URLs. Must I install a
> program like Squirm or pyredir just to change incoming requests for
> 'http://mysite.com' to 'http://123.45.678.9:81/somedir'? Or can this
> be done with one line in squid.conf (I hope)?

If all you do is redirect a few hosts and your rewriting needs are
simple there is no need for a redirector. Simply do this:

- in the /etc/hosts of your Squid machine set the IP address for the
hostname you're dealing with to the internal address where Zope listens

- put a VirtualHostMonster in the root of your ZODB and use the
"Mappings" tab to define a simple mapping like...

www.myhostname.com		/path/to/site

voila.

jens