[Zope] Converting Zope Content to Plone

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Jan 6 11:51:36 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 04:49:09PM +0100, Stefan Br?ggemann wrote:
> Hello,
> can someone help me with this problem?
>
> earlier i have created some folders and files with zope.
>  now i am using plone
> and wanna import these folders/files
> importing is not the problem
> but the type of the folders
> plone uses 'Plone Folders' and 'Documents'
> but i have 'Folder' and 'File'
> any chance to convert them?

The easiest way is to use ftp or webdav, using
a client that supports recursive folder uploads & downloads.

1) download zope content to your local system
2) re-upload to the plone site

This works because plone has its own ftp/dav PUT handling
which chooses appropriate types to create.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com