[Zope] Range Function of dtml-in tag

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Wed Jan 7 12:18:35 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 09:04, Asad Habib wrote:
> Hello. Thanks. I tried that and now I am getting a type error. Is there
> any way around this? Zope does not allow me to provide a variable for the
> EndValue of the range method for the dtml-in tag.

Sure it does.  The following works fine:

----

<dtml-in "_.range(10,15)" prefix=num>
   <dtml-var num_item>
</dtml-in>

----

My guess is you're passing a string value as an argument to range, which
won't work for obvious reasons.

As a general principle, start with something that works with "dummy"
values and once that works, try inserting the variables you want to use.
You'll have a much easier time figuring out what does and doesn't work.

Also, each time you have a new problem, you should show what code you're
currently using.

HTH,

Dylan