[Zope] Re: Navigation menu

Jochen Knuth kumbaya at ftml.net
Thu Jan 8 19:32:20 EST 2004

Hi Michael,

Michael Havard wrote:
> I've been looking for a navigation menu/sitemap for ZOPE. I've found a
> few but the output is not very well formed.

> The problem here is that the html structure doesn't intrisicly show any
> relationship between the two levels. The code just shows levels by using
> text-indent or margins or in some code table cells. What I'm looking for
> would display the sitemap/navigation in a format like this:
>
> <ul>
>     <li>Item
>          <ul>
>                <li>Child Item</li>
>          </ul>
>     </li>
> </ul>
>
> This structure has the element relationship built in by design. Does
> anyone know of a product that does this or have a code snippet they
> could pass my way.

i have looked for something like this myself, but havent found one ready
zope product.
The closest to this is probably MenuGenerator in the SF collective
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/collective/MenuGenerator/ , but it
is for CMF/Plone and not yet released. But perhaps you can get some
ideas from it.

Hth,
Jochen