[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Zope 2.6.3 Release and Security Update

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jan 9 14:26:55 EST 2004

Cynthia Kiser wrote at 2004-1-8 23:26 -0800:
>I have installed from source and have separate directories for
>SOFTWARE_HOME and my INSTANCE_HOME.

That's very good.
>Do I just install the new one in
>an appropriate location, change the environment variable in my run
>script, and restart the server?

Precisely -- when you install from a binary release.

When you start with a source release, you must generate the
C extensions after installation.

>And what is a HotFix?

A special (Zope) product that modifies classes dynamically on (every)
Zope start. If a hotfix can do the job, you do not need
a new version.

--
Dieter