[Zope] Customizing Error pages?

Alec Munro alec.munro at eoascientific.com
Fri Jan 9 16:25:32 EST 2004

Dieter Maurer wrote:

>Alec Munro wrote at 2004-1-9 11:09 -0400:
>

>>I'm moving a static HTML site to Zope, and one of the results of this is
>>that many, many links are changing. What I'm looking for is someway to
>>catch all NotFound Errors, and at the very least, display a small
>>explanation regarding our upgrading, ...
>>

>When you use Apache in front of Zope (recommended),
>you can use Apache's "rewrite maps" to map old to new links.

Yeah, that's what I ended up with.
Looks like this, for anyone interested:

    RewriteMap old_new txt:/var/www/html/rewrite_map.txt
    RewriteCond ${old_new:%{REQUEST_URI}|none} !=none
    RewriteRule ^.*$ http://%{HTTP_HOST}${old_new:%{REQUEST_URI}}
[R=permanent,L]

Where rewrite_map.txt is a text file that looks something like this:

/old_dir/old_file1      /new_dir/new_file1
/older_dir/old_file2   /new_dir/new_file2

I hope someday this save someone else some time.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

Alec