[Zope] Re: ANNOUNCE: Zope 2.6.3 Release and Security Update

kosh kosh at aesaeion.com
Sat Jan 10 17:57:44 EST 2004

On Saturday 10 January 2004 08:47 am, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> >> RH9 has been rock solid for us, given two choices we made:
> >>   - *Never*, *ever* run Zope in production with the OS's version
> >>     of Python:  it *won't* be built optimized for Zope,
> >
> > Can you point us to an article or other doc source that talks about
> > how to optimize python for Zope?
>
> That was a bad choice of words. You don't "optimize Python for Zope".
> You just avoid the system binary because that has been tampered with in
> all kinds of weird ways to fit the distribution's own needs, so I guess
> you could call it "un-optimized". "Optimized" would the simple act of
> building your own python.
>
> jens

I have NEVER run into that problem with debian. I have been using zope for
years with the default install of python on debian and it has worked without
problems. Also when you use the dists version you can install other packages
for it easier. I can do apt-get install python2.1-imaging and for many other
extension types.