[Zope] zope2.6.3 and zclass+property sheets+catalog aware

Bakhtiar A Hamid kedai at kedai.com.my
Sat Jan 10 22:32:27 EST 2004

hi
just upgraded my zope 2.6.1 to zope2.6.3 and went thru hell :P

the setup:
i have a CatalogAware ZClass (sorry, this has been in existence since early
2000) that uses propertysheets to store properties.

this has worked since zope2.0 till zope 2.6.1(well, actually the zope version
is between zope 2.6.1 and zope2.6.2, from cvs)

last night i upgraded to zope2.6.3, and everything looked ok.  but when users
tried adding in the zclass instance, or updating older instance, the
propertysheets never got changed!  that makes users mad.

this zclass also works on zope2.7.0b3, that i can be sure.  i haven;t yet
tried this on zope2.7.0b4

i also tried another simple zclass and that b0rked too.

i then created a new zclass, that subclass ZClass: objectManager, nad put in
two properties of string and text.  adding an instance shows the same
problem.  no tracebacks.  everything adds fine.  just nothing in the
properties :P

the question:
what might have cause this trouble?

CHANGES.txt mentioned some changes with PropertyManager.  but the affected
fileds/types used in my ZClass are mostly text and string

thanks for any hints and help