[Zope] Undo machinery and OOBtrees

Alec Mitchell apm13 at columbia.edu
Sat Jan 10 23:47:00 EST 2004

On Saturday 10 January 2004 12:22 pm, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Not that I know of. Or stricter:
>
>   I am quite sure that they use transactions in the usual manner.
>
> However, Zope's "undo" is easily fooled.
> A transaction is associated with "PUBLISHED.getPhysicalPath()", independent
> of which objects is modifies.
> This may imply that you do not see an "undo" record at the place
> where you expect it.
> However, you should see it at the "Root Folder" level.

Yes, it is there!  Thank you.  I had looked a few folders back from the
instance but not at the root.  That's great.  Is there any way to get the
transaction associated with the proper object?  I tried the method listed in
a recent zopelabs.com recipe:

get_transaction().note('/'.join(foo.getPhysicalPath()))

To no avail (though it didn't make much sense to me to begin with).  If this
is not directly possible, where can I find more information about delving
into the transaction machinery to find the transactions specific to this
object?  My web and mailing list searches have been pretty fruitless, and the
source code for the transaction machinery is pretty opaque to me.  Thanks
again.

Alec Mitchell