[Zope] Re: MSIE 6 not opening MIME attachments

Brian Sullivan briansullivan at coursesbywire.com
Mon Jan 12 10:16:25 EST 2004

> in IE 6, if
> > the user clicks on "Open" instead of save from the dialog
> that appears,
> > Excel will launch, but not find the file in the Temporary
> Internet Files
> > folder. Clicking on "Save" then opening the file manually works
just
> > fine.
> >
> > Is this a problem with my response headers or an IE bug?
> >
> > Here are the headers I'm sending:
> >
> > response.setHeader('Content-Type', 'text/csv')
> > response.setHeader('Content-Length', len(printed))
> > response.setHeader('Content-Disposition', 'attachment;

This is what I use and seems to work:

context.REQUEST.RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type',
'application/download')
context.REQUEST.RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Length', len(printed))
context.REQUEST.RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Disposition','inline;filen
ame=downloadinfo.csv')

I am not sure where I got the original info for this ( I sure didn't
figure it out on my own).