[Zope] ZSyncer and acl_user permissions

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Jan 14 11:07:35 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 04:36:59PM -0800, Kamal Gill wrote:
> How does one enable a user to use a ZSyncer instance at the root folder
> if the user has an acl_users account at folder /spam/eggs/ (for
> example) but not at the root folder?

I don't think ZSyncer has anything to do with the problem.
In general a user must exist at or above the place where you
want to authorize him/her.  So, add the user in /acl_users
with restricted roles.

or you could try adding a zsyncer in /spam/eggs with the same
id as the one in the root.  Add a zsyncer in the same folder
on the destination server.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com