[Zope] Apache mod_cgi WebDAV patch

Barbara Langmueller barbara at system.at
Fri Jan 16 10:16:38 EST 2004

Hi,

I am using Zope (with INSTANCE_HOME) with the following setup:

OpenBSD 3.2
Zope 2.5.1
Python 2.1.3
Apache 1.3.26

(All built from OpenBSD ports).

The websites are served through Apache on port 80 (using name virtual host).

So far I have used my web browser for editing the files, and I would
like to use WebDAV for editing my files now.
For one instance, I have modified my Zope start script to use the following
ports:
<ip>:8080 -> http (rendered)
<ip>:8021 -> ftp
<ip>:9800 -> http (not rendered, for WebDAV)

Using the WebDAV client cadaver I can connect to
<ip>(:80) without problems.

Trying to connect to <ip>:9800 and <ip>:8080 fails with the following error:

dav:!> open 192.168.57.13:9800
Looking up hostname... Connecting to server... connected.
Could not contact server:
Malformed header line.

Searching the web for answers, I have found the following posting:
http://www.zope.org/Members/Brian/Misc/mod_cgi_webdav_patch.html

The patch is very old (1999). Do you think that my problems discribed abough
are cause by this problem and is it still necessary to apply this patch?

Can you tell me if it will help to install mod_dav
(http://www.webdav.org/mod_dav/)?

Thanks!

With best regards,

Barbara