[Zope] Re: Any way to rebuild the Zope Database?

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Fri Jan 16 11:12:18 EST 2004

Petter Holmström wrote:

> Andreas Jung wrote:
>
>> fsrecover? packing the ZODB?
>
> Thanks. What does fsrecover do? I only found instructions for how to
> run in (which i did).

It makes sure all transactions are in a sane state. It'll really only
fix actual disk-layer failures, and I don't think that's your problem.

You may have to write a script to walk through your objects and fix
what's wrong, and exactly what that does depends on what's actually
screwed up and why. (Products should take care of updating their own old
instances, btw.) If you provide symptoms, possibly somebody on the list
can provide a solution.

          --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."