[Zope] -- Please help -- Neoboard problem

Sean Kelley sean at horse101.com
Fri Jan 16 11:52:20 EST 2004

Hello,

I had a weird problem where someone posted a reply to a message which sent a
copy to the board manager.  The manager sees an HTML view of the board in
email.  They saw a particular message in email which does not show up on the
live board.

In an attempt to fix it I tried a number of thing including reindexing,
clearing indexes, etc.  Now the message is still not there and I am seeing
URL problems like repeated folders:
http://ut-web/utilities/Special%20Groups/Org_Change/Communications_Committee
/comm_board/utilities/Special%20Groups/Org_Change/Communications_Committee/c
omm_board/utilities/Special%20Groups/Org_Change/Communications_Committee/com
m_board?expand_all=1

Now, when someone tries to post a message or a reply to a message they get
this error (which is the REAL problem now):

Error Type
AttributeError
Error Value
'None' object has no attribute 'getNeoBoardArticleURL'

I have seen the url problems before and it was suggested by Neoboard's
author that I update the code which fixed this.  I get the latest CVS of the
code which I did and the problems went away.  It seems that when a reindex
or a clear and find is done, things go crazy.  I am not ready to update code
if there is new code available yet because I do not want to over complicate
the issue

Any suggestions?  I have not had problems since this first time.

Zope 2.6.1, Plone 1.0.3, NeoBoard (Installed product NeoBoard (NeoBoard 1.1
( stable ))) , NeoPortalLibrary (Installed product NeoPortalLibrary
(NeoPortal Library 0.9b (Development)))

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.CMFCore.FSPythonScript, line 90, in __call__
  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 283, in _bindAndExec
  Module Products.CMFCore.FSPythonScript, line 124, in _exec
   - __traceback_info__: ({'script': , 'context':
, 'container':
, 'traverse_subpath': []}, ('testor', '',
'', "Re:Who's Listening to Who?",
'

test

\r\n

---------------------------------------- :s The Results Group said they
found out that workers felt the #1 problem with Utilities was rotation.
If this is the truth why are we going to expand it farther instead of
getting rid of it? Is this what the experts (The Results Group) think
will make things better?

', [], 0), {}, (None, None, '', '', '',
[], 0))
  Module Script (Python), line 13, in neoboard_article_reply
  Module Products.NeoBoard.NeoBoardArticle, line 344, in
manage_addNeoBoardArticleReply
  Module Products.NeoBoard.NeoBoardBase, line 817, in mailNeoBoardContent
  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 283, in _bindAndExec
  Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 163, in _exec
  Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 228, in _exec
  Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 139, in pt_render
  Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 95, in pt_render
   -
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 200, in __call__
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 703, in do_useMacro
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 726, in do_defineSlot
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 414, in do_optTag_tal
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 399, in do_optTag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 394, in no_tag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 669, in do_condition
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 412, in do_optTag_tal
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 394, in no_tag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 703, in do_useMacro
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 412, in do_optTag_tal
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 394, in no_tag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 412, in do_optTag_tal
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 394, in no_tag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 669, in do_condition
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 414, in do_optTag_tal
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 399, in do_optTag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 394, in no_tag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 636, in do_loop_tal
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 414, in do_optTag_tal
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 399, in do_optTag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 394, in no_tag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 295, in do_startTag
  Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 363, in attrAction_tal
  Module Products.PageTemplates.TALES, line 223, in evaluateText
  Module Products.PageTemplates.TALES, line 217, in evaluate
   - Line 71, Column 20
   - Expression:
   - Names:
      {'container': ,
       'default': ,
       'here': ,
       'loop': ,
       'modules': ,
       'nothing': None,
       'options': {'args': (,
                            )},
       'repeat': ,
       'request': ,
       'root': ,
       'template': ,
       'traverse_subpath': [],
       'user': Sean_Kelley}
  Module Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr, line 48, in __call__
   - __traceback_info__: test(is_article and
here.getNeoBoardArticleURL()==item.getNeoBoardArticleURL(), 'hot', test(
item.meta_type=='NeoBoard Notice Article', 'notice_article', test(oddrow,
'even', 'odd')))
  Module Python expression "test(is_article and
here.getNeoBoardArticleURL()==item.getNeoBoardArticleURL(), 'hot', test(
item.meta_type=='NeoBoard Notice Article', 'notice_article', test(oddrow,
'even', 'odd')))", line 2, in f
AttributeError: 'None' object has no attribute 'getNeoBoardArticleURL'

Sean