[Zope] ZClass Catalog Update

KJZZ Webmaster kjzz.webmaster at riomail.maricopa.edu
Fri Jan 16 16:59:27 EST 2004

I created the following DTML method in the "methods" folder of a ZClass:

<dtml-let URL1=HTTP_REFERER>
<dtml-call "Catalog.manage_catalogReindex(REQUEST, RESPONSE, URL1)">
<dtml-call expr="RESPONSE.redirect(URL1)">
</dtml-let>

I then created an "update" tab which calls this method from the "views"
folder.

The thing is, when I click on this tab, it updates the entire Catalog.  It
also requires that the person performing the update have additional
permissions (within the Catalog).

My questions are these:

1)  Is there a way to update only the individual ZClass object in the
catalog when someone clicks on the "update" tab?  (as opposed to updating
the whole Catalog).

2) What is the best way to deal with the permissions for this?  Do I have to
have two User Folders (and duplicate the username and password for each
username in both User Folders) for each perosn who is publishing to the
site:

  a) one UserFolder above the directory where these items are being
published,
  b) the second UserFolder within the Catalog directory?

3) Additionally, I notice that when an object gets cataloged initally, the
path to the object (as viewed in the Catalog) is from the root of the site,
such as /myfolder/myobject.

However, if I were to recatalog the site from the Control Panel, the path to
the object now changes to:
  /mysite/myfolder/myobject

Thanks in advance.

John T.