[Zope] Apache mod_cgi WebDAV patch

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Mon Jan 19 17:21:25 EST 2004

Barbara Langmueller wrote:

>> Barbara Langmueller wrote at 2004-1-16 16:16 +0100:
>> >So far I have used my web browser for editing the files, and I would
>> >like to use WebDAV for editing my files now.
>> >For one instance, I have modified my Zope start script to use the
>> following
>> >ports:
>> ><ip>:8080 -> http (rendered)
>> ><ip>:8021 -> ftp
>> ><ip>:9800 -> http (not rendered, for WebDAV)
>> >
>> >Using the WebDAV client cadaver I can connect to
>> ><ip>(:80) without problems.
>> >
>> >Trying to connect to <ip>:9800 and <ip>:8080 fails with the
>> following error:
>> >
>> >dav:!> open 192.168.57.13:9800
>> >Looking up hostname... Connecting to server... connected.
>> >Could not contact server:
>> >Malformed header line.

> I have downloaded and installed the WebDAVLogger (from
> http://zope.org/Members/ajung/WebDAVLogger/swpackage_view).
> But I don't get any logging data, the file webdav_debug.log is not
> created in <INSTANCE_HOME>/var/
> BTW, Andreas does no longer support the WebDAV logger.
>
> Is there any other way to debug the problem?

Can you get to Zope via normal HTTP (a browser) on port 8080?

If so, it may be that the WebDAV server isn't running. Check your Zope
startup logs or run it on the command console to make sure that WebDAV
is started and that it's bound to the port you thing it is. The last
enties in the log Zope prints on startup will tell you what and where
various services are running.

If not, this seems to indicate that there is something intercepting
requests to these ports, and I doubt it's Apache. Are you sure there's
no packet filter or firewall in between you and Zope?

You can also try to telnet to that port and see exactly what's going on.

            --jcc