[Zope] FileUpload, MySQL, Zope ZSQL problem

Quince Gibson quince at us3media.com
Wed Jan 21 09:37:08 EST 2004

Tried finding an answer to this question but I can't.  I'm trying to upload pictures to a MySQL database with the
normal conditions:

<input type="file" name="picture1">
enctype="multipart/form-data"
method="post"

My ZSQL method has the following DTML:
<dtml-var expr=picture1.data>

I've also tried the same thing with dtml-sqlvar using type=string.

I'm always greeted with the following error whenever I feel I'm going to make a breakthrough:

FileUpload instance has no attribute 'data'

removing the ".data" section gives me:
<ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.FileUpload instance at 0x932c35c>
as the entry for that particular field.

Is it possible??????  Am I trying the impossible??? if not... how can I make it possible to get these pictures into
this database. (i'm starting to lose my cool on this computer).

Thanks for any help.  If it's not possible I guess I'll have to bloat my Object Database rather than my relational
databse.

Quince
Baltimore, MD.