[Zope] Re: Problems with Iptc_Exif_reading_support product

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Jan 21 14:41:44 EST 2004

Andreas Tille wrote at 2004-1-20 22:54 +0100:
>This is about the knowledge I gathered before: You are right and the
>only occurence of this variable is
>
>       /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/PhotoIptcExif/__init__.py
>
>and there it is declared as global.  Unfortunately my knowledge is
>to limited to understand this code, for example what this stuff
>means:
>
>    try:
>        verbosedisplays = None
>    except: pass

Looks like a convoluted synonym for

      verbosedisplays = None

i.e. the "try/except" has no effect.

>So the reason for the problem is clear but I'm afraid I'm unable to fix it.

Put the line

verbosedisplays = None

near the start of the module and see what happens.
You should no longer see your former exception (of course, you may
see a different one).

>(I guess the thread "Global Variables" is connected to this problem -
> because it is started by the author of the product. ;-) )

I did not understand this thread and stopped to read it
very quickly...

--
Dieter