[Zope] A persistent problem -- monkey patch related?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 04:52:15 EST 2004

Dennis Allison wrote:

> I asked this question to the list a while back, but the responses I got
> were a bit off-point.  Sad to say, the issue remains unresolved.
>
> I have made some extensive mods to UserFolder and installed them with a
> monkey patch.

Why not just subclass and have your own type of UserFolder?
SimpleUserFolder makes this pretty easy ;-)

> I chose this approach because it looked to have the least impact on the
> existing system, but now I am not so sure.  I've been getting _p_oid
> errors when the OODB is backing out of a transaction.

Any chance of seeing what those errors are?

> that it's a Zope bug, but I am not so sure.  I suspect that something I
> have done in the monkeypatch has triggered the problem.  My patch code
> uses PersistentMapping() and expects that the system does the right thing
> with respect to persistence in the new methods even though they are
> patched in.

Hmmm, I wonder where in the transaction setup that PersistentMapping is getting
twiddled with?

> Can anyone shed light on the issue:  Is persistence inherited by monkey
> patched methods?

Nope, wouldn't have thought so. Can you state your problem, there might be a
better way than your current solution which could rule it out as the source of
these problems...

cheers,

Chris