[Zope] Re: LocalFS

Casey Duncan casey at zope.com
Fri Jan 23 09:10:35 EST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 00:16:30 -0000
"David Kyte" <dave at microamps.com> wrote:
[..]
> LocalFS appears to have a bug
>
> When I use manage_addFile within LocalFS the File is created
> in the Parent directory. Any work arounds or fixes or am I missing
> something
>
> Python script:
>
> context.EG.manage_addFile( "eg", "eg" )

This assumes that EG (which I assume is a LocalFS object, right?) has a
"manage_addFile" method. If it doesn't it will get acquired from the
context (probably the folder above in your case) and the file gets
created there.

Does LocalFS support adding files from the Zope side? Perhaps it has its
own API different from manage_addFile?

If it doesn't, you could just write a simple external method which
created the file in the proper place directly. Something like:

import os.path

def writeFile(filename, data):
    open(os.path.join('/path/to/localfs/dir', filename),
'wb').write(data)

Obviously you'd want to make sure you secure the external method so it
is not directly callable through the web by everyone.

> Any help would be appreciated
>
> IS APE ready for production use?

Dunno, I've not used it yet.

-Casey