[Zope] ZODB limits

Heimo Laukkanen huima at iki.fi
Fri Jan 23 10:11:46 EST 2004

> Message: 36
> Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:00:28 +0100
> From: "WebMaster at solari.it" <webmaster at solari.it>
> Subject: [Zope] ZODB limits
> To: zope at zope.org
>Is somebody aware of **fully-tested, real-world** applications with
> multi-GB storage or, in other words, should I stay with ZODB or search
> for alternatives?

Well Zope corporation has experience of tens gigabytes of data in
FileStorage ( Data.fs ) in ZEO enviroment, so that shouldn't be the main
issue. Larger issue is how fast your system will be for uplaoding and
downloading the data from ZODB. Zope sucks big rocks in handling big
files, so that might bring your system down or force you to bring in more
machines into cluster - or move storing and serving large files outside
ZODB.

--
-huima