[Zope] Re: Ape Problems

R. Sean Bowman sean at rootnode.com
Fri Jan 23 21:25:49 EST 2004

hi Bob,

I don't know the answer to your problem, but here's what I did:

- install Zope 2.7rc1
- install Ape (from http://hathaway.freezope.org/Software/Ape)
- install ZWiki 0.26
- install LatexWiki 0.22
- change workDir to be basePath + '/var/LatexWiki/images' in
  LatexWiki/util.py (yuck)
- put this in bottom of $INSTANCE_HOME/etc/zope.conf:

%import Products.Ape

<ape-db images>
  <ape-storage>
    mapper-variation filesystem
    <ape-fs-connection fs>
      basepath $INSTANCE/var/LatexWiki
    </ape-fs-connection>
  </ape-storage>
  mount-point /images
  scan-interval 10
</ape-db>

- start zope
- add a "ZODB Mount Point," check "Create new folders if ...",
  and create the mount point.
- add a zwiki site, edit a page (using the ZWiki edit view, not the
  management one), put some LaTeX in it, and change the page type to
  "Structured Text + Latex".

I think Zope 2.7 addresses some of the concerns you have about DBTab, the
product that lets you mount databases through the management interface.
It's included in Zope 2.7; you don't even need the dbtab.conf file.  (You
do have to edit zope.conf, though.)

Sean