[Zope] Patching under windows...

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Mon Jan 26 13:05:17 EST 2004

Philip Kilner wrote:

> Hi Lennart,
>
> Lennart Regebro wrote:
>
>>> ...how do I install a Zope patch under Windows.
>>

>> That depends on what's being patched. Most are only patching python
>> code,
>> and then you install it jsut like you do on Unix. The patch in question
>> should tell you how.
>
> There are no instructions with the patch.
>
> I've googled extensively to find instructions for other patches, and
> keep finding a form of words along the lines of "under linux, use the
> standard OS patch utility, under Windows you'll have to find an
> equivalent".
>
> Since I'm not so sure there really /is/ an equivalent, I'm stuck for
> now...

Possibly not a native one, but I would guess that if you install Cygwin
and the GNU utils it'll come with 'patch'. And isn't there some sort of
GNU tools package for Windows? I may be just hallucinating on that one.

If it's not a very big patch, you can always do it by hand: the diff
format is readable once you figure it out.

          --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."